Monday 9 September 2019

Welcome to my blog, thank you for wandering onto my page, I hope that you'll spend some time taking a read about me and my media studies along with my utter love and dedication to film.

I love movies with a slightly unhealthy passion which has led to me in recent times to over-analyse both films and now TV series (especially soaps) on multiple occasions where my narrative commentary gave some humour to an ordinarily normal show, pointing out some continuity errors in the timelines along with listing shot types when they appear one after the other in quick succession in action sequences of films. I think I achieve my sarcastic tone and criticism for cinema from the YouTube channel, 'CinemaSins', I've linked one of my personal favourite videos below.





Over the summer, I did an internship for https://finncomms.com/ who are a PR company based in Leeds who work with large brands such as ghd, Cadbury, Yorkshire Tea, Oreo and lots more major clients. While I was there, I learnt about the actual, physical role of PR within the media industry and it has spiked my interest rather a lot since I love both the client interaction side along with the post-production to the production side, start till finish as I love seeing something through from the very early stages until the end result.

Doing this fantastic A-Level Media course at https://www.ilkleygrammarschool.com/ will really assist me in defining the direction of the type of Media I would want to go into when I leave school as all sections seem like something I would enjoy very much as a career at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Media Studies Hazel, we are happy to have you with us on the journey! Lovely intro to you, thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete