Thursday 14 November 2019

180 degree rule

The 180-degree rule is where you are meant to (the camera) stay on one side of an imaginary line, set between the actors within the scene. Once you choose the side of the line you are setting your camera on, you have to stay on that side of the line for that scene, unless there is camera movement, a neutral shot or a cutaway.


Walking Sequence

Walking sequences:
This simple sequence task was designed to test our ability in respecting the 180-degree rule with three simple shots, like this; 




My first walking sequence is the part of the video of the first actor, Ellie, walking across a bridge and my second attempt is of the second actor, Natasha, walking down a corridor and through a door ready to leave. I chose to combine them to show my improvement from the two examples.

Challenges:

The challenges here were majorly the weather conditions as for the angle I needed to get, I had to step through mud and large puddles. Because of this, I wasn't able to get the right angles so it looks a little jarring. Since this was my first attempt, the actor didn't walk all the way out of shots so when I cropped it together, it looked unnatural.
At points, it was difficult to get the correct angles and lighting, having to alter manually the white balance on the camera as to make the shots not look either extremely pink or blue.

The space to film was small so it was difficult and took longer than first expected because we could not break the 180-degree rule and had to navigate under tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment