Thursday 14 November 2019

Composition Challenge

Our task was to respect the rule of thirds by considering headroom, looking room and variations of shot types to show the progression of a scene paired with a randomly selected piece of dialogue. Mine was a romantic confession scene so it was certainly a challenge!


Version 2 (improved)

The changes I made were to let my shots further follow the rule of thirds rule, as well as a 50/50 composition as for some shots, it was near to impossible to use the transform tool in FCP to fix them as they looked too zoomed in. We tilted some of the shots accidentally during initial filming so we fixed this by rotating the shots using the transform tool.


Version 3 (improved further)

I adapted some of my shots more by making all of them follow the golden ratio (rule of thirds), zooming in and making sure that they didn't look too blurry or unnatural. At one point, I have broken the 180 degree rule which I did intentionally as due to the emotional nature of the audio to go along with it, I wanted to make this to seem uncomfortable. I also added some more atmospheric music which, in my opinion, adds to the scene as a whole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment